12.02.2011

Ze Nursery!

So it's been a little while, but that's because things have been crazy busy around these parts. Getting ready for a new born is no small feat, and I have a new respect for moms who've already done this.

This past month or so has just been filled will preparations for our little girl and it's been a good mixture of nervousness and excitement. Overall though, it's now just excitement that we are ONE week away from her due date. That being the case, I am EXTREMELY happy to announce we have finished her nursery. (however, I do recognize that me being the little decorator/tweaker that I am, there will be changes from where it's at now. But that's what is fun! A room is always transforming, just like the people who come and go in it!)

Anyways, without further ado- here is the big REVEAL of our little girl's room. Ready friends?


When you walk in the bedroom door this is what you are greeted with:


OOhhh little girls~

And now for all the fun details-

I found something like this on Pinterest, so I modified it a bit and LOVE the end result.


Directly underneath the frames is this cute little cube organizer filled with all her goodies, topped with a precious pink corduroy bunny~


Over by the window, I made this picture/scripture artwork from scrap wood that we had around the house. I'd been praying about what verse to put up in her room, and this one is one of my favorites~ 
The verse is: "Luke 12: 7- Indeed, the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a flock of sparrows."


 These two snuggling birds are my favorites.



Directly to the left is her crib! What a lovely gift from Josh's parents. Above it is a mobile that is made completely out of paper cranes my Mom made as wedding favors for our wedding! I love that we were able to include something so sentimental for our little girl to stare at as she drifts to sleep.


Just a little close-up.


Behind her crib is a mural that I painted on the wall with a shade lighter than the wall paint. In case you're curious: the wall color is called 'Lavender Lace' by Behr & the mural color is 'Graceful' by Behr. 


And lastly, turning back towards the door, we have her dresser ( a $25 yard sale find!)/ changing station that simply needed a little paint job (I 'white washed' it in a light grey paint) and some adorable pictures taken by a dear friend on the shelves above.

Oh yah, and I couldn't resist the urge to take a picture of her little winter jacket hanging on the back of the door! Ah I can't wait to bundle her up in it!



 So dear friends, that is her room! What a joy and blessing it was to do it, and I can't tell you how neat it was for God to provide for it! Between gifts given and simply pulling things from around the house, the total cost was minimal! He even provided a gift card to cover the cost of the rug! We are SO incredibly blessed and I can't wait to bring her home~

1 comment:

  1. Holly this nursery is beautiful! Addie's is themed with birds, too - I think it's so cute. And that verse is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete