1.25.2011

Yah that whole blogging thing

So friends, when I said that I would be tweaking my blog- I wasn't joking. I can be a bit OCD about design and projects. I would say I have been my whole life. When it came for science fair board time or when power point first came out, I was the one who obsessed more about the appearance of the presentation than the actual content. Don't get me wrong,  I care about the content a lot but what can I say I love presenting things well.

With that said, take this blog. There are SO many options you have when designing a blog, and while that means you have LOTS of selections it also means the potential for indecision and confusion. It also allows for a great sense of accomplishment once you do reach your desired change or product. Mm hmm.

For example, here a couple screen shots of my WIP (work in progress) of a banner, and these aren't even the really rough ones.

Numero Uno:

Here you can see that the banner is off center. I can't tell you how many iterations I went through to try to get this guy centered. It was only when I stumbled across a helpful link on one of my favorite websites for blog backgrounds that I mentioned yesterday, www.thecutestblogontheblock.com that I finally found the solution. See here if you too have been having trouble centering your own header.

Phew, so once I got that taken care of then it was down to minor tweaking. I decided on my blog name a while ago after I thought long and hard over why I like decor and 'nesting'. I realized I LOVE when people come into my home and tell me they feel like they just came home. Or when they apologize for staying so long but they just felt so comfortable they didn't want to leave. That to me is what makes it fun and worth while.

Anyways, my husband pointed out that he thought this:


perhaps just looked a little too crowded. And even though I didn't like him correcting my efforts (how prideful I know), I realized he was right.

SO I moved my tagline:


And for now, I think I'm content with how things are looking on here... for now ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment