9.14.2011

Ahhh... So Peaceful.

So friends, the house updating just keeps going and this past update was one of my favs! This past Monday and Tuesday, I have been painting our master bedroom and let's just say it is the best before and after by far! I must apologize though because about a 1/3 way through the process I realized I didn't have any good before pics of the room.. Oops… so I snapped a few of the unpainted (& messy) side of the room. I guess better than none right?

SO this is sorta what the room looked like before- minus the whole mirror on the bed thing, the bed & dresser pulled out in the middle of the room,  and the overall state of chaos. I promise our bedroom doesn't normally look this disheveled on a day to day basis.... wait, actually let's back up even further, here is our room the day we closed on the house:



And here it is moving day:



Now let's actually look at it after the wood floors  were installed, and post move-in day, but mid-painting shall we say:




Each stage has been actually quite the improvement and let's just say this last was totally worth all the little 'hiccups' along the way. What hiccups are those? Well, to start as I was sitting on a stool bending over to trim around one of the socket covers that wouldn't come off I realized I was probably putting my head right into the freshly painted wall above me. YUP! I did… I looked at the wall and saw all these crazy squiggles from where my hair had brushed it and knew I was in for a fun look in the mirror. This is what I saw:



Let's just say I wasn't really hoping to add to my ever increasing grays so quickly- so I went ahead and washed that janx pronto.

Moving on, once I got to a good stopping point I had to leave to go to the grocery store to make my friend Dana  a meal I signed up to take since she & her husband just had their first baby boy a little over a week ago! I wrapped up my brush, roller, and paint pan and left not thinking twice about any of it.

When I got home, our cat Pepper (oh yah I haven't introduced Pepper- another time) greeted me looking VERY guilty and sorry. I didn't know why though…. yet.  After putting away the groceries I went to the bedroom just to look at how the paint was drying. It was there I saw these:
  



yes friends those are paint paw prints. Peps somehow found a way to stick her foot in the 95% covered paint pan. Why? I have no idea. I managed to paint the entire living/dining room without her even being remotely curious, but not this time. Fortunately, since we have laminate hardwood floors the paint came off just with a wet rag. Shwew!

Then yesterday, I finished this sucker off! And boy does it look pretty! I even managed to get the whole room back together and hang new curtains I got from TJ Maxx! Overall I am so pleased with the result because it actually came out the way I had envisioned in my mind- which is very satisfying because so often it doesn't quite work out that way.






Now I would say the room is a blend of peaceful and romantic, calm and welcoming. All very good combinations for a bedroom I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment