9.01.2011

Fun Door Decor

So the other day while I was at the doctor's office perusing through their magazines I came across a really cute door decoration idea for the fall. I liked it so much I even took a picture of it so I could reproduce it later. Well today is later and it looks great! (eh hem- if i do say so myself.)

Basically it's a cluster of pine cones, tied up in ribbons and it's just simple/pretty.

So off I went on a hunt to find pine cones, which wasn't too hard because the park right around the corner from us had plenty I could choose from off the ground.

(Here's my loot!- 8-10 pine cones, & 2 spools of ribbon.)


Once I got them home, I had to pick out pine needles and various other foliage since they had been lying on the ground for a bit of time. I even managed to have an earwig fall out on me (in the bag) while cleaning one of them, which startled me but since he landed in the bag it wasn't traumatic. (if you know me, you know I HATE bugs and admittedly can over react when they come crawling towards me but out of a genuine fear of them).

(You probably can't see but there are pine needles and leaves in the bag)


After that, I just cut my thinner ribbon at various lengths, tying a pine cone to each end, leaving a bit of a 'tail' so it would flow and look purposeful rather than awkward.

Like so:


Once all the pine-cones have been tied you simply tie a larger ribbon around the loop you create at the top, which will be used to hang on a hook (or nail) when you put it up on your door! The larger ribbon I used was wired which helps create some interest since you can make it curl however you want.



And that's it friends! 15 minutes later I had a fun, fall/hokie-colored door decorator. Simple as that!

ta-da!



No comments:

Post a Comment